Yes, it's that time again, Chinese New Year, and this is house cleaning time too, because in Chinese culture it is customary (as in obligatory) and traditional to clean ones house, thoroughly if possible, basically, the more/better you clean it the more/better good fortune and/or Luck you get for the new year, you actually remove the bad luck in the house (if you've had any in the previous year, and make way for the New Luck) and most Chinese people believe in this religiously, and so do I (although I must admit, I'm not at all mad keen on heavy duty cleaning rituals or routines nowadays) basically (not because of laziness) but because of my MSD = MusculoSkeletal Disability) which makes certain household chore extremely dificult for me now and for the past decade, I'm okay with cleaning up the place as & when it needs it, but I simply cannot take the weeks of intense pain(s) that come with doing that, so for me cleaning is a bit more of a contentious issue, but I do get it done, albeit with help, and I'm pleased to say that with help last week and over the weekend I myself and a hired cleaner got the place ready for Chinese New Year, and so I must say that currently.....I'm feeling very, very Lucky...☺/ How about you, are you feeling Lucky? Did you do your Lucky cleaning?
I'm sure, that if you know Chinese history, culture and traditions, and like CNY, you will have done!!!
Well, lets all have a very 'happy' and 'Lucky New Year' this year.....☺/
Ciao ciao.....☺/
No comments:
Post a Comment