Don Miguel Ruiz's - The Four Agreements
You can pronounce Don Miguel's name in two ways, the way we Castillian speakers say it, or the way the rest of the Spanish speaking world do, e.g. we pronounce it like this:- Migg+ell together to form 'Miggell' which is clearly Michael in Spanish, and Ruiz we say Roo+eeeth together to form 'Rooeeeth' but in Las Canarias (the canaries Islands of Spain) and the rest of the world, e.g. Latin America, they pronounce it like this, Roo+eece to form the sound Rooeece or Rooeees with distinctive 'S' sound, but we use the 'Th' sound in most northern parts of Spain and in & all around Madrid & Castilia and La Mancha!
I know it's only a small/mute point to make, and perhaps for some a bit pointless, but still I feel it is a point that needs to be made, as I don't like when people who speak only Latin American Spanish mock my way of speaking Spanish, that is the Spanish that I learned when I got started learning it many years ago, and it is the way I prefer to speak when I speak Spanish, regardless of where I am speaking, I will still use the old "Th" sounds whether or not other Spanish speakers like it or not, all the sounds I make with my tongue, palate and throat in Spanish are very old sounds & accentuation's from the old Castilia, I know, but I just don't care, that is the way I learned it, so there! When I say 'Aranjuez it sounds like Arrrankhweth and not Aran+huess...Aranhuess or Aran+Jewezz or Jewess for that matter, that for me is not native Castilian, but Latino Americano Espanyol = Latin American Spanish or Canarian!!!!!
Another good word to hear in Castilian Spanish is "Zarzuela" or as we say "Tharrr + Thwella" to form the sound "Tharthwella" (which is a form of Spanish Operetta, being only slightly different to Opera) and of course in Andalusian/Canarian/Latin American and Mexican Spanish that would be pronounced as "Sarrr+Swella", but I just L♥ve saying it the old way, 'TharrrrrThwellah' with a huge roll on the 'R's and an even stronger emphasis on the 'Th' sound, very Important in & around Madrid too!!!!!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the four agreements, and perhaps make use of them too!!!!!
Ciao ciao. . .☺/
No comments:
Post a Comment